Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Facebook Status


Facebook status varies from annoying nonsense crap to striking Confucious words. Some are about people's "so what" minute by minute updated experiences, some are like 10 pages essay type, ads or announcements but most are just attention seeking status updates waiting for "likes" and comments from people who fell from their trap.

I check updates once in a while looking for informative or entertaining things like quotes, current events, trending videos, funny jokes and pictures. Here's one that striked me today

"Happiness depends on the happenings but real joy depends on Jesus"

Is it true that happiness really depends on the event that happened? It doesn't last forever? Is happiness an opportunity that needs to be cherished?

I think an event will make you happy depending on how you treat an event. It depends on how you look on the situation. You will be happy if you look at the brighter side of life. Being happy is easy if you know how to turn things around.

How about real joy? Does it depends on Jesus? I didn't knew the answer so I googled it and I found this:

"This is the secret to true happiness. It is in our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the reason that our joy should be full. It is not about things – it is about His presence. If we want true peace, joy, and happiness, it must come from Jesus who is the source."

"Genuine joy and happiness do not depend upon our friends, family, finances, health, position, education, situations, or even our circumstances – they depend upon our relationship with Jesus and God. If you are not happy today, it is your choice. Your happiness is a state of mind in Christ Jesus. It is not just the way you are, but it is the way you choose to be. God and Jesus are the source of all true joy and happiness. Put your faith and trust in them. You do not have to be unhappy any longer. There is joy, peace, and happiness in the Lord. Get your eyes off of this world, and get your eyes on Jesus."

This was from Open Arms Evangelistic Ministries by Dr. Glenn Mills. No matter what religion you have, as long as you have a God, who is your source of strength and life,your genuine joy depends on Him.

I learn from this blog that I shouldn't criticize other people's Facebook status. I have a habit of making fun or thinking crappy stuffs when I see status or posts that annoys me. I even tell it to my friends and we make fun of that person at his/her back. I know it is wrong but I still do it thinking that I can't hurt that person's feelings because he/she doesn't know it. But I was wrong. I didn't hurt their feelings, I hurt myself, I hurt Him. I was making myself less happy upon reacting negatively on their status. From now on, I will control my emotions and my mind.

I never knew that Facebook will teach me this. I love it! Thank you Papa Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment