Sunday, December 18, 2011

Last Pee

Ages ago, my mom told me about her auntie who just dies at that time. Mom told me that before her auntie died she was afraid to pee because it means that it will be her time to go. I wasn't really thinking about this until recently.

I was with my classmates at Miss Liberty. One of them is a nurse and he's telling a story about the time he had a co-passenger who had a heart attack and died in the plane. I remembered the story that mom told me, so I asked him if the "Last Pee" is true. Then he answered me with a logical explanation. When people die, every muscle will just relax. The muscle that controls the pee will just let go of the urine of the dead person.

"When you urinate, the brain signals the bladder muscles to tighten, squeezing urine out of the bladder. At the same time, the brain signals the sphincter muscles to relax. As these muscles relax, urine exits the bladder through the urethra. When all the signals occur in the correct order, normal urination occurs." National Kidney & Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC)

No comments:

Post a Comment